Monday, March 13, 2006

I Heart College Because...

I can get away with so much. Like, performing a monologue from the "Waiting for Guffman" out takes and still get a call-back, or write a play based on real events where people say, "fuck", "shit", and "Dude" every other word and read it out loud in class, or do a complete badass analysis of Sartre's "No Exit" and direct it next year in a brand new theatre...more on that later...

I Heart High School Because...
I am student teaching right now and the kids love me. I am the cool teacher, and whenever they discover one of my tattoos I act like it's all hush-hush and only they know it's there. I get to teach awesome improv games, and warm-ups like, "Screaming Ninjas". I get to color, dance, and yell...in stilletos. I get to see the light bulbs in their heads click on and it's amazing.


Dear Friends,

Remind me that I want to teach College, not High School. High School teachers are poor. Plus, college professors can teach in chucks. Also, if I teach high school I will have to wear long sleeves year round to cover my tattoos. REMIND ME OF ALL OF THIS. You Rock,

-Rex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home