Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I Wrote an E-mail to the Author of the Play...

Brooklyn Boy, and he actuallu wrote me back!!! I don't think I have ever been so nervous writing a letter in my entire life. I was googling for information on my character with no luck, so then I began googling the play and...BAM: The author just happens to be a pulitzer prize winner and a professor at Yale!!! So I wrote him a letter that was completely informal and rambly and full of typos...AND HE WROTE ME BACK!!!! OMFG!!!This is amazing. I want to frame it, or go to grad school at Yale and say, "Thank You" in person. Holy Shit, I hope I do well. He said in his letter that he could see why I got the part. Truth is, I really am the character, it's not acting. Alison is just me at another time and place when I was 18. Just as well, that way it will be even more honest. I'm psyched.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! i didn't know you linked to me a while ago!

i typed up my old jasonvertucio.com into technorati cuz everyone still links to it and i got a new blogsite now, so i'm going to tell everyone.

OH MY GOD you're an actor?? i almost wanna drive down to see brooklyn boy. or fly down. i got a lot of miles saved up.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home