Saturday, December 24, 2005

Scary Because It's True!!!

The other day I am calmy sleeping in my room...in my bed...about 2.5ft away from my night stand. I lazily open my eyes and look over toward my night stand to see a spider. I'm only half awake, mind you. I didn't think much of it, so I close my eyes to go back to sleep. I open my eyes again about 2 seconds later and think to myself, "Hey, that was a pretty big spider. Spiders are cool. I'll just get a closer look at it." I'm still half asleep. I get to where the spider is about 6 inches away from my face only to see: A FUCKING RED HOURGLASS!!! I jump out of bed and run into the hall screaming, "BLACK WIDOW, BLACK WIDOW!! THERE WAS A BLACK WIDOW BY MY FACE! IT'S IN MY ROOM!" My aunt and cousin come back armed with windex and paper towels like they're going to clean it to death. My cousin looks around and says, "Where'd it go?" "I don't know. I panicked." I reply.
"Well it's not here."
"Holy shit. There is no way I am sleeping in here. There is a deadly spider on the loose." I've been on the couch ever since.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary! that happened to me and my mom once. we had to call our male neighbor over. it was really kind of funny to watch a 6'3'', 350 lbs man jump and scream like a girl when the damn spider fell on the ground. But black widows are fucking scary as all hell. Happy non-specific winter holiday! Have a joyous sparkly season!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Jay V Mail! said...

those things freak me out, too.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home