Friday, July 22, 2005

While Job Hunting...

I went to this Italian place. It looked fairly nice and seemed like the tips might actually be worthwhile, so I ran in to get an application. Teh guy at the host stand greeted me and I asked him for an application. He rattles around in the stand for a few minutes then pulls out an application. "Sorry, we only have the spanish versions. You can come back by tommorrow if you want." he says. I tell him no, it's okay, I'll just fill out the spanish app. and he starts looking at me like I'm some sort of freak. "You can read spanish?" he asks me while looking quite bewildered. "Um, yeah." I reply. Then I walked out feeling kind of confused about the whole situation. He must have thought I was kidding or trying to sound good or something, although it is utterly beyond me why anyone applying to an Italian restaurant would try to wow their potential bosses by claimg that they knew spanish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home